About the Role
Reporting to the Executive Director, Corporate this role has a direct line into the Executive team, including the Chief Executive, to both support and advise on HR initiatives. You will be supported by a dedicated and dynamic team to continue to deliver high quality human resource services across ONRSR, to support the achievement of organisational goals and objectives.
This role will call into play your wide ranging HR toolkit as you move between operational and strategic responsibilities planning, coordinating and executing the full range of HR services, including:
- Providing strategic advice and support to the Executive Director, Corporate and the broader ONRSR Executive on HR issues including identification of risks and trends and identifying industry best practice
- Focusing on continuing to develop a strong culture to support and maintain high performing teams and individuals
- Partnering with the senior leadership team to implement proactive workforce strategies in order to continue to drive high performance
- Contributing to the broader ONRSR strategic direction as part of the senior leadership team
- Managing IR and ER nationally, including leading current EBA negotiations
- Providing strategic oversight and management of the L&D function with an eye on meeting future workforce needs
- Ensuring the HR function is continuously updating its platform of resources to enable seamless integration across the business to support functions such as: recruitment, business planning, performance management and WHS.
To ensure your success in this integral senior management position you will be a suitably experienced and qualified Human Resource professional who can clearly demonstrate your experience in leading, mentoring and managing a dynamic team to provide strategic human resources services within a multifaceted national organisation.
To be successful in the position you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, business or similar
- High level strategic thinking and problem solving capability
- A track record for developing a successful high performing culture
- Demonstrated experience in industrial relations and employee relations including EBA negotiations.
- High standards of ethics, confidentiality & professionalism
- Engaging and influential communication skills and be a facilitator for change within the business
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- Strong leadership skills, with a proven track record for successfully leading a team of Human Resources professionals to deliver outcomes.
The Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator (ONRSR) has the responsibility for regulatory oversight of rail safety throughout Australia. As an independent regulatory authority, ONRSR pursues safe railways for Australia by encouraging safe rail operations, enforcing national compliance with the Rail Safety National Law, and promoting and improving rail safety across the country.
ONRSR actively encourages productive working relationships, a healthy work-life balance, workplace diversity and development of expertise. In addition, the organisation offers a commitment to learning and development, and flexible work options. Further details on the benefits of working at ONRSR can be found at https://careers.onrsr.com.au/
The Application Process
It is to your benefit that you read the Position Description which is attached below or can be found at: https://careers.onrsr.com.au/
Your application must include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter of no more than two pages detailing why you are suited to the role
- Three referees
As part of the recruitment and selection process, you will be required to undertake a criminal history check if you are one of the preferred candidates. The results may not necessarily preclude appointment to the position.
Enquiries to: Jodie Lindsay, Executive Director Corporate on 08 8406 1540
Salary: circa $155,000 (inclusive 9.5% super)
Applications close: Friday 18th June 2021
- You must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
- Applications are sought from direct candidates only. No agencies please.
- Application closing dates are at the discretion of ONRSR and may change without notice.