About the Role
Based in our Sydney office and working as part of a national team, the focus for this role will be to design, implement and maintain solutions based on the design, specifications and standards provided by the program manager. You will provide a comprehensive range of development work from design through to implementation of new and existing technical solutions.
You will be a core developer and be part of the broader national IM&T development team that support the operations of the national office operation.
The team you will be joining are hard working with a strong work ethic, but we offer a very good work and life balance. ONRSR corporate team is a close-knit team who work closely together to get through a diverse volume of work, and you will be supported in this role.
This is a key position within our IM&T development team and will a part of a large program of work, where you will work closely with the relevant product owner and the manager IM&T development in order to determine priorities to maintain the smooth and efficient development work.
Using your experience and confident communication skills you will be able to provide technical advice and input on how ONRSR systems should be architected. This is an opportunity for you to learn and apply your curiosity to research and provide advice on how best to get ‘buy-in’ from decision makers.
You will need to be someone who thrives on delivering products of value and high quality while upholding the Scrum values (courage, focus, commitment, respect and openness). You will be customer focused with a proactive approach to your work and must have the ability to build strong working relationships
To be successful in the position you should have:
- Must have proven experience in ASP.NET MVC. Minimum 2 years.
- Must have proven experience in relational database design and maintenance. Minimum 2 years.
- Must have proven experience in WebAPI. Minimum 2 years.
- Must have proven experience in HTML + CSS. Minimum 2 years.
- Knowledge of Xamarin.Forms, Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android is desirable
- Knowledge of Bootstrap is desirable
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server is desirable
- Knowledge of Git, TFS Version Control is desirable
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps CI/CD is desirable
- Knowledge of Selenium is desirable
- Ability to work in a Scrum team, delivering every 2 weeks while upholding the core Scrum principles
- An understanding for good UI and UX design
The Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator (ONRSR) has the responsibility for regulatory oversight of rail safety throughout Australia. As an independent regulatory authority, ONRSR pursues safe railways for Australia by encouraging safe rail operations, enforcing national compliance with the Rail Safety National Law, and promoting and improving rail safety across the country.
ONRSR actively encourages productive working relationships, a healthy work-life balance, workplace diversity and development of expertise. In addition, the organisation offers a commitment to learning and development, and flexible work options. Further details on the benefits of working at ONRSR can be found at https://careers.onrsr.com.au/
The Application Process
It is to your benefit that you read the Position Description which is attached below or can be found at: https://careers.onrsr.com.au/
Your application must include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter of no more than two pages detailing why you are suited to the role
- Three referees
As part of the recruitment and selection process, you will be required to undertake a criminal history check if you are one of the preferred candidates. The results may not necessarily preclude appointment to the position.
Enquiries to: Jordan Trasente, Manager IM&T Development â 0474 000 222
Salary: $110,000 - $130,000 + 9.5% super
Applications close: COB Thursday 17th June 2021
Employment contract: 18 Month fixed term contract
- You must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
- Applications are sought from direct candidates only. No agencies please.
- Application closing dates are at the discretion of ONRSR and may change without notice.