About the Role
The Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator (ONRSR) is transforming the way our teams are supported in the field. Working closely with the Project Manager the Business Analyst will sculpt the conceptual vision for development, while being involved in testing and implementation activities to help affect positive business change for the National Operations Team, supporting rail safety outcomes.
This is your chance to be the lead Business Analyst working on national projects based in Adelaide.
NOTE: All previous applicants that applied for the previous Business Analyst role will be considered, so you are not required to reapply.
If you have an outgoing personality, genuine interest in developing our internal support systems and attack your work with a positive energy we encourage you to apply.
To be successful in the position you should have:
- Proven experience working independently across multiple business change projects in lean project teams.
- Demonstrated ability in facilitating workshops, creating mock-ups/ wireframes (using Balsamic or equivalent), gathering business requirements, writing user stories, process and procedure documentation, training material and professional communications.
- An inquisitive nature with great interpersonal skills, with a willingness to roll up your sleeves, immerse yourself in the initial concept and see it through development to completion.
- Excellent problem solving, negotiation and critical thinking skills (observation, analysis, interpretation, reflection, evaluation, inference, explanation, summarisation).
- Advanced communication, organisation skills and time management.
- Good foundation in business analysis and agile development practices.
- An appreciation for data modelling, project management and change management functions.
Ideally you will have studied and understand the theory and principles behind:
- Business Analyst Body of Knowledge with IIBA (or equivalent)
- Agile PM or Agile development curricula
ONRSR has the responsibility for regulatory oversight of rail safety throughout Australia. As an independent regulatory authority, ONRSR pursues safe railways for Australia by encouraging safe rail operations, enforcing national compliance with the Rail Safety National Law, and promoting and improving rail safety across the country.
ONRSR actively encourages productive working relationships, a healthy work-life balance, workplace diversity and development of expertise. In addition, the organisation offers a commitment to learning and development, and flexible work options. Further details on the benefits of working at ONRSR can be found at https://careers.onrsr.com.au/
The Application Process
It is to your benefit that you read the Position Description which is attached below or can be found at: https://careers.onrsr.com.au/
Your application must include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter of no more than two pages detailing why you are suited to the role
- Three referees
As part of the recruitment and selection process, you will be required to undertake a criminal history check if you are one of the preferred candidates. The results may not necessarily preclude appointment to the position.
Enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: $105,148 negotiable depending on experience + 9.5% super.
Employment contract: 18 Month fixed term contract with potential for renewal.
Applications close: 11pm Sunday 20th June.
- You must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
- Applications are sought from direct candidates only. No agencies please.
- Application closing dates are at the discretion of ONRSR and may change without notice.