- Full time role with National rail safety organisation
- Flexible work arrangement options available
- Use your high quality written and verbal communication skills to influence and support operators to achieve desired outcomes in rail safety
Reporting to the Manager Operations, the Rail Safety Officer will lead and contribute to assigned regulatory activities including audits, site visits and compliance inspections and assess applications for accreditation and registration in accordance with the policies, procedures and business processes of ONRSR.
Provide clear and concise written reports on regulatory activities and provide technical advice on compliance with Rail Safety National Law and other rail safety operational matters.
We are looking for people with a broad range of skill sets including those with experience and qualifications in rail or other high risk transport sectors.
You’ll contribute to a diverse team and be comfortable demonstrating initiative and adopting a collaborative approach in the work environment.
You will be required to:
Work on and around railway environments so you must be fit and healthy with a willingness to undertake field work that may be outside of normal working hours and will require some interstate and remote travel.
To be successful in the role you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Understanding of integrated safety management systems and risk management
- Sound interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively consult, liaise and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders and rail transport operators to facilitate their cooperation and support to achieve desired outcomes
- Self-motivation and flexibility of approach, able to make decisions and adopt work practices to meet changing work requirements and situations.
The following knowledge, skills and experience are highly desirable:
- Tertiary qualifications with relevance to engineering, science, safety or risk
- Operational safety experience in the rail industry or other similar high risk transport sector
- Lead Assessor Quality Auditor qualification
The Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator (ONRSR) facilitates the seamless and safe operation of rail transport and promotes rail safety and safety improvement across Australia. ONRSR's vision is safe railways for Australia and its people are guided by the values of integrity, respect, independence, diligence and excellence.
ONRSR actively encourages productive working relationships, a healthy work-life balance, workplace diversity and innovation. You will work for an organisation which offers a commitment to learning and development and flexible work and lifestyle options. Further details on the benefits of working at ONRSR can be found at http://careers.onrsr.com.au/
How to apply
Read the Position Description which is shown below or can be found here: http://careers.onrsr.com.au/current-vacancies/
- Provide a cover letter of no more than two pages detailing why you are suited to the role
- Include your resume
- Include three referees
- Click on APPLY
As part of the recruitment and selection process, you will be required to undertake a criminal history check if you are one of the preferred candidates. The results may not necessarily preclude appointment to the position.
Enquiries to: Grant Windsham - Manager Operations, Sydney Office on 0429 445 819
Applications close: 5pm Friday, 20 September 2019
- You must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
- Applications are sought from direct candidates only. No agencies please.
- Application closing dates are at the discretion of ONRSR and may change without notice.