- Full Time permanent opportunity
- Great national team
- Choice of location â Brisbane or Adelaide
- Secure industry
Design and implement a national QA program to ensure compliance with standard procedures, national consistency and business process improvements.
About the Role
Working in close relationship with the National Manager, Regulatory Operations you will work with our team of rail safety professionals to coordinate the internal quality assurance program for the National Operations division. The main challenge for this role is the central management of a consistent process across all state offices, ensuring a national approach to safety compliance.
You must strike a balance between the need for ONRSR to regulate effectively and be an influencer to change behaviours. You will also need to display an understanding of how it is that ONRSR applies the National Rail Safety Law and assists in the standardisation of processes.
The ONRSR National Operations are a close-knit team with a strong work ethic who work closely to get through a diverse volume of work. You will be supported in this role and in return, we offer a very good work and life balance and an opportunity to work in a secure industry.
Applying your passion for quality assurance and your analytical and problem-solving skills, make a difference to national operations. You will need to be a confident self-starter with a strong desire to drive positive change. You will also need to have the ability to coordinate multiple regulatory activities which occur nationally.
You will be expected to work independently, therefore you need to be a proactive and mature worker who can use your strong work initiative to add value to the team. You’ll also have a strong understanding of safety management systems and/or a safety assurance background to assist the National Manager, Regulatory Operations in ensuring a consistent national approach to our work.
To be successful in the position you should have:
- Theoretical and practical understanding of contemporary regulatory activities, safety/risk management systems and regulation in the transport (rail) industry.
- Proven experience in understanding and implementing Quality Assurance programs with evidence to support being able to lead both auditing and inspection activities.
- Understanding and/or experience in Quality Assurance principles.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, negotiation and relationship development skills.
- Experience in translating business needs into analytics and reporting requirements.
- Possess a flexible approach to work in a dynamic and national work environment.
The Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator (ONRSR) has the responsibility for regulatory oversight of rail safety throughout Australia. As an independent regulatory authority, ONRSR pursues safe railways for Australia by encouraging safe rail operations, enforcing national compliance with the Rail Safety National Law, and promoting and improving rail safety across the country.
ONRSR actively encourages productive working relationships, a healthy work-life balance, workplace diversity and development of expertise. In addition, the organisation offers a commitment to learning and development, and flexible work options.
Further details on the benefits of working at ONRSR can be found at http://careers.onrsr.com.au/
The Application Process
It is to your benefit that you read the Position Description which is attached below or can be found at: http://careers.onrsr.com.au/
As part of the recruitment and selection process, you will be required to undertake a criminal history check if you are one of the preferred candidates. The results may not necessarily preclude appointment to the position.
Enquiries: David James, National Manager, Regulatory Operations 08 8406 1522
Salary: $103,086 - $108,499 + 9.5% super
Applications close: COB AEST Thursday 2 April 2020
- You must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
- Applications are sought from direct candidates only. No agencies please.
- Application closing dates are at the discretion of ONRSR and may change without notice.