About the Role
We are seeking a motivated professional to fill the role of Manager Operations based in our Brisbane Office. As the Manager Operations you will provide day to day operational support to the Director Operations and across the office. Use your experience in team management to deliver a high level of leadership, management and coordination to a high performing team of rail safety officers.
This unique regulatory role sits as a conduit between senior leadership and operations to effectively provide both strategic and operational management support for rail safety to the Director Operations. Your key responsibilities include:
- Provide recommendations to the Director Operations, on the day-to-day management of regulatory responsibilities, strategies and operations, including on areas identified as requiring improvement;
- Assist the Director Operations with the development of management strategies and/or procedures to meet national objectives, as well as oversee and coordinate the delivery of these strategies and/or procedures;
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with stakeholders to assist overall business improvement across ONRSR.
To be considered for the role you will need to possess a strong understanding of regulation (preferably rail safety regulation) along with demonstrated experience working as a team manager. This role will require a mature, confident and proactive personality to quickly gain trust and lead our close knit team.
You will need to contribute to a diverse team demonstrating initiative and adopting a collaborative approach in the work environment. To be successful in the position you should have:
- Highly developed understanding of modern regulatory practices including the management of accreditation and compliance programs.
- Proven ability to provide leadership and mentoring in a team environment;
- Possess self-motivation and flexibility of approach;
- Highly-developed interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively consult, liaise and negotiate with internal and external customers and rail transport operators and to facilitate their cooperation and support to achieve desired outcomes;
- Management level experience (ideally within the rail industry or similar regulatory environment).
You will be required to work on and around railway environments so you must be fit and healthy with a willingness to undertake field work that may be outside of normal working hours and will require some interstate and remote work travel. All rail safety offices are required to undergo a category 3 rail safety worker health assessment.
The Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator (ONRSR) has the responsibility for regulatory oversight of rail safety throughout Australia. As an independent regulatory authority, ONRSR pursues safe railways for Australia by encouraging safe rail operations, enforcing national compliance with the Rail Safety National Law, and promoting and improving rail safety across the country.
ONRSR actively encourages productive working relationships, a healthy work-life balance, workplace diversity and development of expertise. In addition, the organisation offers a commitment to learning and development, and flexible work options. Further details on the benefits of working at ONRSR can be found at http://careers.onrsr.com.au/
The Application Process
It is to your benefit that you read the Position Description which is attached below or can be found at: http://careers.onrsr.com.au/
- Provide a cover letter of no more than two pages detailing why you are suited to the role
- Include your resume
- Include three referees
As part of the recruitment and selection process, you will be required to undertake a criminal history check. The results may not necessarily preclude appointment to the position.
Enquiries to: Greg Wagner, Director Operations - 0459 836 684
Salary: $136,271 + 9.5% super
Applications close: COB Wednesday 3rd June 2020.
- You must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
- Applications are sought from direct candidates only. No agencies please.
- Application closing dates are at the discretion of ONRSR and may change without notice.